Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2011/08/18 20:35:51 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] JMeter 2.5 is released

The Apache JMeter team announces the availability of Apache JMeter 2.5
r1158837.

This is a new release which adds many new features and corrects a lot of
bugs.

JMeter 2.5 requires Java 1.5 or later to run.

== All users are recommended to upgrade. ==

Apache JMeter is a Java application designed to test server applications.
It can be used to:
* generate test loads
* test functional behaviour
* measure performance.
It includes support for protocols such as HTTP(S), JDBC, JMS, FTP, and
others.
It can also be extended with user-written code.

See http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/

The release can be downloaded from:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_jmeter.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file.

Only the binary archive is needed to run JMeter - there is no need to
download the source archive.

However there are some optional libraries which are not included.
See the "Getting Started" page for details:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html

The list of changes since version 2.4 can be found at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/changes.html

All users are recommended to upgrade to this release.

Enjoy!
The JMeter team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] JMeter 2.5 is released

Posted by Heinz Drews <he...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, a lot of great enhancements.

- Heinz

Re: [ANNOUNCE] JMeter 2.5 is released

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19 August 2011 02:03, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 4:05 AM, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
>> The Apache JMeter team announces the availability of Apache JMeter 2.5
>> r1158837.
>>
>> This is a new release which adds many new features and corrects a lot of
>> bugs.
>>
>> JMeter 2.5 requires Java 1.5 or later to run.
>
> Are library version increments noted in the change log?

Generally, but we might have missed some.

> Its possible I missed them at http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/changes.html
> And I really have trouble grokking bugzilla :)
> e.g. how do you get a change log report out like you do in Jira?

No idea; not sure it's possible.

> In particular I noticed common-langs get bumped *yay* but others like
> htmllexer-2.0-20060923.jar are still using unreleased "snapshot" of

It's not unreleased, it's at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/htmlparser/files/Integration-Builds/
This was the first one with the dual license, if I remember correctly.

> non-current versions.
> (org.htmlparser:htmllexer:2.1 is available)

Where? Does not seem to be available on Sourceforge.
[I stopped following the announce list as it was spam-only for the
last year or more]

BTW, if you want to update any jars, you can always just replace them
in the lib/ directory [as long as they are binary compatible.]

Re: [ANNOUNCE] JMeter 2.5 is released

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Cohen <fr...@pushtotest.com>.
Congratulations JMeter team!

-Frank

On Aug 18, 2011, at 11:35 AM, Milamber wrote:

> The Apache JMeter team announces the availability of Apache JMeter 2.5
> r1158837.
>
> This is a new release which adds many new features and corrects a lot of
> bugs.
>
> JMeter 2.5 requires Java 1.5 or later to run.
>
> == All users are recommended to upgrade. ==
>
> Apache JMeter is a Java application designed to test server applications.
> It can be used to:
> * generate test loads
> * test functional behaviour
> * measure performance.
> It includes support for protocols such as HTTP(S), JDBC, JMS, FTP, and
> others.
> It can also be extended with user-written code.
>
> See http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/
>
> The release can be downloaded from:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_jmeter.cgi
>
> When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file.
>
> Only the binary archive is needed to run JMeter - there is no need to
> download the source archive.
>
> However there are some optional libraries which are not included.
> See the "Getting Started" page for details:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html
>
> The list of changes since version 2.4 can be found at:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/changes.html
>
> All users are recommended to upgrade to this release.
>
> Enjoy!
> The JMeter team

---
Frank Cohen
PushToTest, the Open Source Test (OST) Company
fcohen@pushtotest.com
http://www.pushtotest.com
Phone: (408) 364-5508