Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stavros Kounis <go...@osmosis.gr> on 2003/05/04 01:23:29 UTC

i18n from 2.0.4 to 2.1

hi

i have try to view a web site that is served using 2.0.4 through cocoon
2.1 (28.03.2003 CVS snapshot)

i just copy all web site pages (structure) in a DIR and add a sitemap
mount entry in cocoon 2.1 sitemap

two things was happend

1. (solved)
i have to comment the following line in sub-sitemap to avoid to get error
message

		<map:matchers default="wildcard">
			<!--
			<map:matcher name="wildcard"
src="org.apache.cocoon.matching.WildcardURIMatcherFactory"/>
			-->
		</map:matchers>

error message:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from
file:/d:/server/xwww/fotoilektriki.gr/conf/sitemap.xmap:
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Could
not load class org.apache.cocoon.matching.WildcardURIMatcherFactory for
component named 'wildcard' at
file:/d:/server/xwww/fotoilektriki.gr/conf/sitemap.xmap:31:93

2. (dont solved yet)

i dont get translated text where i have i18n:text (all this working fine
through 2.0.4) whithout any error message?

any idea where i have to look for?

(i have try to run cocoon2.1 only as servlet using jetty)

thnx

--stavros

Re: i18n from 2.0.4 to 2.1

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hello Stavros,

> 1. (solved)
> i have to comment the following line in sub-sitemap to avoid to get error
> message
>
> 		<map:matchers default="wildcard">
> 			<!--
> 			<map:matcher name="wildcard"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.matching.WildcardURIMatcherFactory"/>
> 			-->
> 		</map:matchers>
>
> error message:
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from
> file:/d:/server/xwww/fotoilektriki.gr/conf/sitemap.xmap:
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Could
> not load class org.apache.cocoon.matching.WildcardURIMatcherFactory for
> component named 'wildcard' at
> file:/d:/server/xwww/fotoilektriki.gr/conf/sitemap.xmap:31:93

WildcardURIMatcherFactory was already deprecated in 2.0.3 and gave you a
warning in the log files. Simply remove the "Factory" and it should work.

> 2. (dont solved yet)
>
> i dont get translated text where i have i18n:text (all this working fine
> through 2.0.4) whithout any error message?
>
> any idea where i have to look for?

Not really, you didn't send any information. i18n in general works with
Cocoon 2.1 as you can see at the samples pages. If your Cocoon 2.1 is
really from 28.03.2003, you are not using Xalan 2.5. Is this correct?
Bruno mentioned namespace problems in 2.5, maybe downgrading to 2.4.1
would help you. If you don't use Xalan 2.5, I couldn't think of any
problem. You should provide more information then.

Joerg

Re: i18n from 2.0.4 to 2.1

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 01:23, Stavros Kounis wrote:
> 2. (dont solved yet)
>
> i dont get translated text where i have i18n:text (all this working fine
> through 2.0.4) whithout any error message?
>
> any idea where i have to look for?

The namespace for the i18n transformer has changed, it is now:
http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1

This is logged as a warning, however the log level is now ERROR by
default. Maybe we should lower it to WARN?