Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by MattFish <ma...@proquest.co.uk> on 2009/09/30 09:32:46 UTC

When will tapestry upgrade to prototype.js version 1.6.1 for IE8 compliance

The latest version of tapestry still comes with version 1.6.0 of the
prototype javascript framework. It isn't until version 1.6.1 that this is
compliant with IE8 and a lot of the problems with the old version and IE8
have been fixed. Does anyone have any idea when the updated library will be
included in tapestry core?

RE: Tapestry upgrading to prototype.js version 1.6.1 for IE8 compliance

Posted by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk>.
I occasionally did this while a bugfix was coming in T5 development, but only between releases. As you say it's not an ideal method.

So, could we have a response about when a Tapestry release will come out containing Prototype 1.6.1 - surely it's not going to wait for first T5.2 release because that looks a long way off with Howard focussing on documentation.

As Matt said, it's rather important for IE8 compatibility which is only going to get more important as time passes.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Gerzabek <mi...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
If that works, it's a bug!

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Daniel Jones <da...@murieston.com> wrote:

> No idea when it will be included, probably in the next release.
>
> If it is important to you at the moment, just copy it into
> src/webapp/scriptaculous/5.1.0.5/prototype.js and it will override the
> version included with tapestry (if you haven't done this already).
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
>

> MattFish wrote:
>>
>> The latest version of tapestry still comes with version 1.6.0 of the
>> prototype javascript framework. It isn't until version 1.6.1 that this is
>> compliant with IE8 and a lot of the problems with the old version and IE8
>> have been fixed. Does anyone have any idea when the updated library will
>> be included in tapestry core?

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Tapestry upgrading to prototype.js version 1.6.1 for IE8 compliance

Posted by Daniel Jones <da...@murieston.com>.