Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by diwakar <di...@nsn.com> on 2011/07/29 10:33:51 UTC

Servicemix component version

Hi,

          We are using Servicemix 3.3.2 version. The shipped component
versions are 2010.01. We have found a bug in EIP component which seems to be
fixed in 2010.02 version. Is it fine to upgrade only EIP component to
2010.02. Will there be any issue if we mix versions of components? Please
let me know your comment.

With Best Regards,
Diwakar

Re: Servicemix component version

Posted by hbm <ha...@nsn.com>.
HI  Jean,

Thanks for reply :-)
Can you send me the source code of 3.4 or eip 2011.02 zip to test it
locally?
Is it possible to build locally?

Regards,
Harsha

RE: Servicemix component version

Posted by "Bm, Harsha (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <ha...@nsn.com>.
Hi JB,

What are main fixes between SMX 3.3.2 2010.02 and SMX 3.4 2011.02?

Regards,
Harsha
Posted by diwakar <di...@nsn.com>.
Hi,

         Thanks for the reply.
         >> We can expect the ServiceMix 4.4 and 3.4 releases in around 2 or
3 weeks.
         Waithing for the 3.4 release. Hope it wont be delayed furhter.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Divakar,

we decided to upgrade to Camel 2.8.2/2.8.3. We already started to
release some ServiceMix common part (especially the specs).

We can expect the ServiceMix 4.4 and 3.4 releases in around 2 or 3 weeks.

Regards
JB

On 10/29/2011 06:28 PM, diwakar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>            >>  We are waiting for Camel 2.8.1 to prepare the ServiceMix 3.4
>            Camel 2.8.1 is released. When can we expect Servicemix 3.4. Please
> let us know.
>
> With Best Regards,
> Diwakar

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

RE: Servicemix component version

Posted by diwakar <di...@nsn.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Bm, Harsha (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <ha...@nsn.com>.
Hi JB,

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/servicemix-dev/201105.mbox/%3C52803500.9224.1305271607342.JavaMail.tomcat@hel.zones.apache.org%3E

I tested with servicemix eip 2011.02 and problem still remains. The file dose not get deleted from the poller directory.
I download the eip 2011.02 from the this link.

https://builds.apache.org/job/ServiceMix-Components/org.apache.servicemix$servicemix-eip/

I just replace only servicemix-eip-2010.01-installer.zip to servicemix-eip-2011.02-SNAPSHOT-installer.zip in hotdeploy.

Regards,
Harsha

We are waiting for Camel 2.8.1 to prepare the ServiceMix 3.4 and 4.4.

The Camel 2.8.1 vote is in progress. We should be able to release
ServiceMix (3.4 and 4.4) in a couple of weeks.

Regards
JB

On 09/08/2011 11:11 AM, hbm wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> When will ServiceMix 3.4 will be released.
> Where can I find repo of the ServiceMix 3.4.
>
> Regards,
> Harsha

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Servicemix component version

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Harsha,

We are waiting for Camel 2.8.1 to prepare the ServiceMix 3.4 and 4.4.

The Camel 2.8.1 vote is in progress. We should be able to release
ServiceMix (3.4 and 4.4) in a couple of weeks.

Regards
JB

On 09/08/2011 11:11 AM, hbm wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> When will ServiceMix 3.4 will be released.
> Where can I find repo of the ServiceMix 3.4.
>
> Regards,
> Harsha

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Servicemix component version

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Diwakar,

it's not the same packaging. ServiceMix 3 uses Spring/XBean.
servicemix-core (in the SMX3 lib folder) is the core of SMX3 (the
default deployer, etc).

ServiceMix 4 is OSGi powered. It's based on top of Apache Karaf and each
part of ServiceMix is loaded/packaged as an OSGi bundle.

Regards
JB

On 07/29/2011 07:40 PM, diwakar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>            Thanks for the reply.
>            I was checking 4.3 installation. There is no
> servicemix-core-x.x.jar. In 3.x servicemix-core-3.3.jar contained the NMR
> and JBI classes.
>            The classes seems to be distributed in
> system\org\apache\servicemix\nmr and system\org\apache\servicemix\jbi
> folders.
>            I think there is no relation between 3.x NMR and 4.x NMR from
> packaging(code base) pov (hope fully same from functionality pov).
>
> With Best Regards,
> Diwakar

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Servicemix component version

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
No,

I mean that we will provide at least 2 distributions:
- servicemix-jbi which is the same as we have in SMX 4.3 currently
- servicemix which is a "lightweight" version of SMX without the NMR/JBI
layer (you can still install NMR/JBI by hand if you need)

The purpose is that we have a lot of users that use ServiceMix as a
Camel/CXF container, and they don't use the NMR/JBI layer.

Regards
JB

On 07/29/2011 11:49 AM, diwakar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>              >>  FYI, ServiceMix 4.4 (or 4.5) will be provided in different
> distribution,
> especially one without NMR, JBI and components, with only
> Karaf/ActiveMQ/CXF/Camel.
>              Then NMR, JBI and components will have to be installed on top of
> Servicemix? Will there be any new development on NMR, JBI and components? or
> will it have same functionality as Servicemix 3.4?
>              Please let me know your comment.
>
> With Best Regards,
> Diwakar

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Servicemix component version

Posted by diwakar <di...@nsn.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Ohhh yes, if you plan to migrate to SMX 4.3 (or 4.4 when it will be
released), please do.

ServiceMix 3.4 will be the latest on this branch. ServiceMix 3 will
enter in End Of Life mode.

More over, I really advice to use Camel in place of servicemix-eip on
ServiceMix 4.

On 07/29/2011 11:00 AM, diwakar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>           Thanks for the quick reply.
>           >>  I advice to try to update servicemix-shared and servicemix-eip
>           servicemix-shared 2010.02 and servicemix-eip 2010.02 and all other
> components of version 2010.01. Is this understanding correct?
>           >>  BTW, we're preparing ServiceMix 3.4 which will ship components
> 2011.02
>           We are planning to upgrade to 4.3. Now you are mentioning about
> 3.4. Should we move to 4.3? Or stay with 3.3.2 and upgrade to 3.4.
>           We are using EIP heavily and EIP component is deprecated in 4.x.
> Should we migrate to Camel instead of EIP? Will EIP component be removed at
> some in point (AFAIK EIP is discontinued but still packaged in servicemx
> 4.3). Is there any advantage in moving to 4.3 instead of 3.4?
>
>           Please let me know your comment.
>
> With Best Regards,
> Diwakar

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Servicemix component version

Posted by diwakar <di...@nsn.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Diwakar,

the problem is more with the servicemix-shared. The servicemix-shared
contains classes (marshallers, utils, etc) shared in many components.

On 07/29/2011 10:33 AM, diwakar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>            We are using Servicemix 3.3.2 version. The shipped component
> versions are 2010.01. We have found a bug in EIP component which seems to be
> fixed in 2010.02 version. Is it fine to upgrade only EIP component to
> 2010.02. Will there be any issue if we mix versions of components? Please
> let me know your comment.
>
> With Best Regards,
> Diwakar

Jean-Baptiste Onofré