Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2004/05/16 18:11:41 UTC

Re: WS-RM Workshop -Sandesha

hi Jaliya,

could you add to CVS instruction on how to run all supported interop
scenarios and modify build.xml to supprt them.

i think i have beginning with ant deploy client.interop but it think
more may be needed especially describing step-by-step setup (like
starting and configuring two tomcat instances one for client and another
for service).

see more inline:

jaliya@opensource.lk wrote:

>Hi Dims,
>
>Apache Sandehsa worked very well; we did not pass all of the interop tests
>but we passed enough of them to become a serious contender as an RM
>implementation. The other companies there were IBM, Microsoft and BEA ..
>For us this is a great achievement. Sandesha was the only open source
>implementation there at the RM-Workshop.
>
>With this achievement we would like to thank all of you who helped us to
>achieve the target.

congratulations!

> Specially Dims and Alek who helped us by contributing
>to the Sandesha.
>
>§	We have identified the problems in our code by the scenarios that we
>failed and will correct them ASAP. Followings are the main problems we
>faced during the interop The messages sent by Sandehsa having problems
>with the namespaces. Although we have defined namespaces at the top of the
>envelop but not included in the tag itself.

in which tag?

> This leads to a problem in
>some cases.
>
>§	Sandesha messages does not contain HTTP Action header.
>
>§	In addition to these we have to improve the timing constants that
>Sandesha uses. e.g. RETRANSMISSION_INTERVAL=4000ms. We need to verify that
>these are the possible timings that may occur in actual scenarios.
>

>At the moment we have mainly identified that the client side of Sandesha
>needs some restructuring and need your help to figure out how to do this.

what options do you consider?

did you think about how to implement persistent storage of messages?

thanks,

alek