Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by marco <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/18 03:12:49 UTC

help on error message "Branch too large"

The error message "Branch too large" was being displayed while I am
accessing an XSP web page. Please advise the way to resolve this. Thanks.

Re: help on error message "Branch too large"

Posted by Giuseppe Di Pierri <pi...@arpage.ch>.
Marco,

This means that you created an xsp that fit entirly in one java method
(after xslt transformation - see xsp.xsl file) that exceeds 64 kb of
memory.

To solve the problem, you should create different methods (within
<xsp:logic> or
<xsl:content> tags before your first application specific tag) splitting
you xsp (I don't mean into different xsp
files! :) into different pieces.

Example:

transform this:

<xsp:page>
 <mytag>
  <xsp:logic>
	...long logic statements ...
  </xsp:logic>

 </mytag>
</xsp:page>

into this:

<xsp:page>

 <xsp:logic>
   void myMethod1(){shorter logic statements}
   void myMethod2(){shorter logic statements}
 </xsp:logic>

 <mytag>
  <xsp:logic>
     myMethod1();
  </xsp:logic>
  <xsp:logic>
     myMethod2();
  </xsp:logic>

 </mytag>

</xsp:page>

Ev. you can make some try and see the generated java file in the work
directory of tomcat (for example).

Good luck

pino

PS: I think better to ask this questions on cocoon-user mailing-list, but
it's ok ;-)