Posted to users@airavata.apache.org by Aaska Shah <aa...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/29 10:25:12 UTC

Guidance to get started

Hello,my name is Aaska Shah and I am a second year undergrad student at
DAIICT,Gandhinagar,India.

I have quite lately been interested in contributing towards the open
source organization and I find your organization the most appropriate one .

I request you to please guide me through how to install your codebase
and how to get started to your organization.

Thanking You,
Aaska Shah

Re: Guidance to get started

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Hi Aaska and thanks for your interest. The first thing as always is to download the source code (preferably the latest on the “master” branch at https://github.com/apache/airavata), build it, and run through the tests.  You will also want to take a look at setting up the PGA, which is the reference implementation for our API: https://github.com/apache/airavata-php-gateway.

I’m cc’ing the dev list for you. If you are interested in making contributions, post questions to the developer list. You  may also want to use the Hipchat client: https://www.hipchat.com/gMDHyN1KM

Marlon

Re: Guidance to get started

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.