Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Frank <fa...@hotmail.com> on 2005/04/07 20:07:40 UTC

Help with database example

Hello,

I am new to Tapestry and am looking for a simple example of displaying a table of database records from mysql.

I cannot figure out how to create database connections.

Thanks
Frank

Re: Help with database example

Posted by Frank <fa...@hotmail.com>.
Bruno,

Thank you

Posted by Bruno Haas <gr...@laposte.net>.
Otherwise, if you want to "big bang", you can have a look at this demo
(with sources):

http://gauss.demon.co.uk/folders/welcome

Posted by Thomas Meier <th...@fastmail.fm>.
http://java.sun.com/developer/codesamples/jdbc.html

I suppose for a simple set up you can just use the jdbc objects directly
in your visit class or the page classes itself :)

Posted by Frank <fa...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Haas <gr...@laposte.net>.
Well if you are totally new to Java+databases I would recommend starting
out with the straight JDBC API that is part of the J2SDK. I wouldn't
even use tapestry, start off with a simple command-line program with a
main(). You can then move your code to Tapestry when it works and later
look into more elaborate alternatives (Object-Relational Mapping tools
like hibernate)