Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Ghosh, Achintya (Contractor)" <Ac...@comcast.com> on 2016/09/26 20:08:22 UTC

SendFailedException

Hi there,

Can anyone please help us as we are getting the SendFailedException when Kafka consumer is starting and not able to consume any message?

Thanks
Achintya

RE: SendFailedException

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
sometimes engineers run scripts out-of-order we will need the exact steps you are following:Are you running thru Virtualbox-Vagrant in which case we will need to see Vagrantfile.local file?https://www.codatlas.com/github.com/apache/kafka/trunk/vagrant/system-test-Vagrantfile.local
We will also need the exact  version you are implementing for Kafka-Producer ?
We will also need the exact  version you are implementing for Kafka-Consumer?
we will need to view the exact configurations you are implementing for:
.\config\connect-distributed.propertieshttps://www.codatlas.com/github.com/apache/kafka/HEAD/config/connect-distributed.properties
-OR if running standalone-.\config\connect-standalone.propertieshttps://www.codatlas.com/github.com/apache/kafka/trunk/config/connect-standalone.properties
.\config\consumer.propertieshttp://kafka.apache.org/082/documentation.html#consumerconfigs
.\config\producer.propertieshttp://kafka.apache.org/082/documentation.html#producerconfigs
.\config\server.propertieshttps://www.codatlas.com/github.com/apache/kafka/trunk/config/server.properties
if  you are implementing a distributed networking system such as Zookeeper?https://www.codatlas.com/github.com/apache/kafka/trunk/config/zookeeper.properties
which version JVM are you implementing?are you building BEFORE running kafka in which case which version Scala Compiler?
Thanks
Martin Gainty Enterprise *Contractor*