Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kate Yoak <ka...@yoak.com> on 2010/08/06 06:44:48 UTC

[users@httpd] ProxyRemote fails silently

I am attempting to do something extremely simple with mod_proxy and am
at a loss.

ProxyRequests On
ProxyRemote http://dev.foo.com/  http://foo.com:42001

The result is - these statements are ignored. If I proceed with normal
server configuration - I'll get the default VirtualHost. If I remove
all VirtualHost configuration - I get 404. The web server on the other
port is verified to work correctly.

If I add

<Proxy *>
     Order deny,allow
     Deny from all  #I do not get a proxy error, same 404
</Proxy>

Allow from all does not make any difference either.

Apache 2.2.3

mod_proxy and all its cousins are enabled:

LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.s

What am I doing wrong?

Re: [users@httpd] ProxyRemote fails silently

Posted by Joost de Heer <jo...@sanguis.xs4all.nl>.
On Fri, August 6, 2010 06:44, Kate Yoak wrote:
> I am attempting to do something extremely simple with mod_proxy and am
> at a loss.
>
> ProxyRequests On
> ProxyRemote http://dev.foo.com/  http://foo.com:42001

ProxyRemote is for chaining proxies. Is that really what you want?

Joost