Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Sathish Senathi <sa...@optusnet.com.au> on 2003/05/01 04:43:19 UTC

Problem with Tomcat 4.1.x & Tapestry with Eclipse Plugin for Tomcat

I am trying to use Tapestry 2.4 alpha 5 with Tomcat + Eclipse IDE and there
seems to be conflict with Commons Digester package, if i remove the Digester
package shipped with Tapestry then Tomcat starts properly but the Tapestry
application fails with Class not found exception. If i add the digester then
Tomcat fails with some weird error like could not find the class
catalina.server ..

Anybody faced this issue ?. I am using Eclispe with Tomcat Plugin and
starting Tomcat from Eclipse IDE

This setup worked fine with Tomcat 2.3 RC 1 without any problem.

Thanks
sathish

Re: Problem with Tomcat 4.1.x & Tapestry with Eclipse Plugin for Tomcat

Posted by Sathish Senathi <sa...@optusnet.com.au>.
The whole March thread is missing in the archive. Do you remember the
solution ?. Is there any patch of Tomcat you know of ?

-sathish

Posted by "F.R. Da Costa Gomez" <dc...@fixed.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Sathish Senathi <sa...@optusnet.com.au>.
I mean it worked fine with Tapestry 2.3 with Tomcat 4.1, but failes with
Tapestry 2.4 with Tomcat 4.1. I think the issue seems to be that with Tomcat
Plugin for Eclipse and i add the classpath of the project to Tomcat which
makes Tomcat to use the Digester supplied by the Tapestry which is causing
the problem for Tomcat. If i remove the digester from the classpath , then
Tomcat starts fine but Tapestry fails with class not found exception.

I added the digester under WEB-INF/lib , but still the tapestry complains
class not found exception. Again i am using Tomcat Plugin for Eclipse and