Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org> on 2019/12/10 12:11:13 UTC

Jira issues fixed since previous release. new release?

Hi all,
   I've been thinking that, whether we should make a new release of
Xerces2-J or not in near future.

I think that, to decide about this, we should know how many Jira issues
we've fixed since our previous release (2.12.0). I've produced following
Jira report (as of today), depicting this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ConfigureReport.jspa?projectOrFilterId=project-10520&periodName=quarterly&daysprevious=589&cumulative=false&versionLabels=all&selectedProjectId=10520&reportKey=com.atlassian.jira.jira-core-reports-plugin%3Acreatedvsresolved-report&atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED_fee8ee71d4783bd1c62bd857be93bd1af71bb7f1_lout&Next=Next

The above report, shows for each quarter since our previous release, how
we've responded to reported jira issues (created vs resolved). Please also
look at, the 'Data Table' mentioned at bottom of above referred report
(that points to individual Jira issues).

I've a feeling that, we could make a new Xerces2-J release (my suggested
new version number is, 2.15.0. any thoughts?) with the improvements as are
reflected within above mentioned Jira report. The issues fixed are not too
many since our 2.12.0 release, but the new Xerces2-J release could still be
valuable to community.

Any thoughts from devs, shall be helpful to Xerces project.

Mukul Gandhi

Re: Jira issues fixed since previous release. new release?

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi all,
    As discussed, we'll be making the Xerces2-J 2.12.1 release. As agreed,
I'm volunteering to make this release. For your kind information, in
relation to Xerces2-J 2.12.1 release, I'm thinking not to make new release
of xml-apis.jar (i.e xml commons) since I think that, there have been no
(or almost insignificant that doesn't add functional value to Xerces2-J)
contributions to xml commons since our Xerces2-J 2.12.0 release.

I hope that, above mentioned intents are fine. If anyone disagrees, please
let us know.

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,
    Many thanks for your concurrence on making the new (2.12.1) Xerces
release. Thanks for your kind remarks as well.

I'll shortly begin the process, for making new Xerces release. Relating to
the release, I hope to have something ready very soon, for Xerces community
to review.

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Mukul,

<mrglavas@ca.ibm.com