Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2018/02/22 10:22:04 UTC

GitHub repository topics, any hints?

Hi,

I don't see the "Add Topics" link on
https://github.com/apache/sling-site for example, although that links
does show up on my own fork of that repository.

Which led me to think that topics are not enabled in the GitHub apache
organization - but now I see that
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-website for example does
use topics.

Am I missing something obvious? I'll ask infra if Sling folks cannot help.

-Bertrand

Re: GitHub repository topics, any hints?

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2018-02-22 at 11:22 +0100, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Which led me to think that topics are not enabled in the GitHub
> apache
> organization - but now I see that
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-website for example
> does
> use topics.

It might be that the openwhisk repositories were transferred, rathern
than created. In this scenario topics could be created before the
transfer.

Robert

Re: GitHub repository topics, any hints?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I have now created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16343
> with more details....

We have answers there now - infra isn't willing to give us the
"maintainer" role on our repositories.

IF we need to set a few topics we can create INFRA tickets for that.

For more, we should write a script (Python ideally) under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/projects/github/
and ask infra to run it.

I'll leave it at that for now, don't have a strong enough need to
write/debug such a script now.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 5:05 PM, Daniel Klco <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16081 ...

That one was closed won't fix as we didn't provide the use case there,

Posted by Daniel Klco <da...@gmail.com>.
I created an issue with the infra team to get the PMC members enabled as
maintainers in GitHub:

Posted by Jason E Bailey <je...@apache.org>.