Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Jason H. Kim" <ja...@qett.com> on 2001/02/19 19:25:18 UTC

version 1.0 ActionMapping error

I have used Struts 0.5 for more than 6 months now without any problem, so we
decided to go with version 1.0 for our next project. However, I can't get
this 1.0 site to work. Following is the servlet.log error message when I
tried to execute a login servlet.

Context log path="" :action: Processing a GET for /login.do
Context log path="" :action:  Looking for Action instance for class
com.qett.time.servlet.AutoLoginAction
Context log path="" :action:   Double checking for Action instance already
there
Context log path="" :action:   Creating new Action instance
Context log path="" :action: Error creating Action instance for path
'/login.do', class name 'com.qett.time.servlet.AutoLoginAction'

and following is the part of struts-confid.xml where the /login.do mapping
is defined.

<action-mappings>
    <action    path="/input/login.do"
               type="com.qett.time.servlet.AutoLoginAction">
      <forward name="success"                path="/timesheet.jsp"/>
    </action>
    <action    path="/hour.do"
               type="com.qett.time.servlet.HourInputAction"
               name="timeBean"
              scope="request"
			  input="index.jsp"
           validate="true">
      <forward name="success"                path="/html-multibox.jsp"/>
    </action>
  </action-mappings>

</struts-config>

I am aware of the /*/*.do error from the bugzilla site, but from looking at
the servlet.log file, I am pretty sure that struts framwork knew that it
should execute *.time.servlet.AutoLoginAction..

Following is the part of JSP code which called the mapping.

<logic:present parameter="user_auth" scope="request" >

		<logic:redirect forward="autologinaction" />
<!-- ABOVE LINE IS THE CALL TO THE MAPPING -->

	</logic:present>
	<logic:notPresent parameter="user_auth" scope="request" >
		<logic:redirect forward="error" />
	</logic:notPresent>

in struts-config.xml, there's global forward mapping for "autologinaction",
which is mapped to /input/login.do

I have tried to map it to login.do, and login, but those didn't work.
I would like to know what I am missing and how I can make it properly create
an instance of the action class.

Thank you very much in advance!!!