Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "John J. Franey" <jj...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/14 13:13:33 UTC

pollEnrich and with two file endpoints is not supported

I have a route the has to read two files and combine them.  I used pollEnrich
and got this error message:

Camel currently does not support pollEnrich from a file/ftp endpoint when
the route also started from a file/ftp endpoint.

What is the reason behind this limitation?

What can I do to work around it?

I'm using camel 2.3.

Thanks,
John

Re: pollEnrich and with two file endpoints is not supported

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 1:13 PM, John J. Franey <jj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a route the has to read two files and combine them.  I used pollEnrich
> and got this error message:
>
> Camel currently does not support pollEnrich from a file/ftp endpoint when
> the route also started from a file/ftp endpoint.
>
> What is the reason behind this limitation?

There is a limitation how this is handled internally in Camel. So you
would end up with multiple files interleaved and Camel will not be
able to do completion correctly, eg to delete / move the files etc.

There is a JIRA Ticket to improve this in the future.

> What can I do to work around it?

Read and merge the files manually
For example from a bean or Camel Processor so you can do it in regular
Java code.

> I'm using camel 2.3.
>
> Thanks,
> John