Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2014/06/04 13:09:05 UTC

1.2 REST API

Am I correct in assuming that the REST API for 1.2 exposes the CXF-based
REST service under "/rest", and that the old API previously available under
"/rest" is removed?

I think it would probably be a good idea to redirect "/cxf" queries to
"/rest" so as not to break REST-based 1.1 clients, WDYT?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: 1.2 REST API

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
> On 04/06/2014 13:09, Colm O hEigeartaigh wrote:
>> Am I correct in assuming that the REST API for 1.2 exposes the CXF-based
>> REST service under "/rest", and that the old API previously available
>> under
>> "/rest" is removed?
>
> Correct.
>
>> I think it would probably be a good idea to redirect "/cxf" queries to
>> "/rest" so as not to break REST-based 1.1 clients, WDYT?
>
> I don't see any problem with this redirect - I am actually wondering how
> to implement it - but AFAIR there are some differences between CXF 1.1
> and 1.2 APIs.
The simplest option is to have a "/cxf" method that will call if it is
at all possible in a given case on "/rest" handler.
Or have PreMatching ContainerRequestFilter that will change the request
URI if it ends with "/cxf".

Client side redirect with Request.seeOther is also possible.

Cheers, Sergey

Re: 1.2 REST API

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
> Am I correct in assuming that the REST API for 1.2 exposes the CXF-based
> REST service under "/rest", and that the old API previously available under
> "/rest" is removed?

Correct.

> I think it would probably be a good idea to redirect "/cxf" queries to
> "/rest" so as not to break REST-based 1.1 clients, WDYT?

I don't see any problem with this redirect - I am actually wondering how
to implement it - but AFAIR there are some differences between CXF 1.1
and 1.2 APIs.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò