Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/10/10 20:28:54 UTC

Borda agenda tool - possible issue

Hi,

It might be a temporary issue on my side but when I tried to add
comments to actions a few minutes ago the focus kept moving out of the
text box every time I pressed a key so I had to do "key press, mouse
click, key press, mouse click, key press, mouse click, key press, etc."
to enter data.

This was with Chrome on Ubuntu 16.04 (all latest patches).

It is easy for me to re-test so feel free to ping me directly (I'm not
subscribed here) if that would help.

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Borda agenda tool - possible issue

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 10 October 2017 23:13:27 BST, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It might be a temporary issue on my side but when I tried to add
>> comments to actions a few minutes ago the focus kept moving out of
>the
>> text box every time I pressed a key so I had to do "key press, mouse
>> click, key press, mouse click, key press, mouse click, key press,
>etc."
>> to enter data.
>>
>> This was with Chrome on Ubuntu 16.04 (all latest patches).
>>
>> It is easy for me to re-test so feel free to ping me directly (I'm
>not
>> subscribed here) if that would help.
>
>Fixed and deployed.  Thanks for testing early!
>
>Regression was only on Chrome.  Fix has been tested on Chrome,
>Firefox, and Safari.
>
>I also fixed an unrelated problem where the initial focus wasn't being
>placed on the textarea.

Thanks for the speedy fix. I'm hoping to get an early start on project reviews later today. I'll let the list know if I find any other minor snags.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It might be a temporary issue on my side but when I tried to add
> comments to actions a few minutes ago the focus kept moving out of the
> text box every time I pressed a key so I had to do "key press, mouse
> click, key press, mouse click, key press, mouse click, key press, etc."
> to enter data.
>
> This was with Chrome on Ubuntu 16.04 (all latest patches).
>
> It is easy for me to re-test so feel free to ping me directly (I'm not
> subscribed here) if that would help.

Fixed and deployed.  Thanks for testing early!

Regression was only on Chrome.  Fix has been tested on Chrome,
Firefox, and Safari.

I also fixed an unrelated problem where the initial focus wasn't being
placed on the textarea.

> Cheers,
>
> Mark

- Sam Ruby