Posted to bridges-user@portals.apache.org by Mark McLaren <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/09 12:52:34 UTC

An initial StrutBridgesBlankPortlet.war (Maven build)

I have created an initial Struts Bridges blank portlet as a means to
give developers a quick start for creating new Struts bridge portlets.
 It should look something like this:

http://mark.mclaren.googlepages.com/StrutBridgesBlankPortlet.jpg

The ServletContextProvider entry in ~/WEB-INF/portlet.xml will need to
be modified depending on your portal container.  The source code is
linked below and can be built using maven 2 (e.g.):

mvn clean
mvn compile war:war

This should result in a ~/target/StrutBridgesBlankPortlet.war file
which can then be deployed to your portal container as appropriate.

http://mark.mclaren.googlepages.com/StrutBridgesBlankPortlet.zip

I hope this proves useful and could eventually form the basis of a
Maven archetype,

Mark
--
"Paradoxically, the more time saving abstractions you are using the
more you actually have to know." - Simon Willison

Re: Customizing Portal Themes

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Hi Tamil,

I think you're posting to the wrong list.
This list is primarily for bridges users and concerns *portlet* development.
You question really has nothing to do with bridges but is very much *portal* specific but as you don't mention which
portal I don't think anyone can help you with this right now, and probably best not here (on this list) anyway.

I suggest asking this question again on a dedicated list for your portal.

Regards,

Ate

Customizing Portal Themes

Re: An initial StrutBridgesBlankPortlet.war (Maven build)

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Hi Mark,

Thanks again, this definitely looks good!
With some extra effort I think is would be nice to have this as a maven archetype... (hint)

What's yet a bit unclear to me though is: would you be willing to contribute this formally to Portals Bridges, or would
you prefer to keep/maintain this on your own googlepages?

I must ask this as for the ASF, your example as it is right is missing
a) explicit ASF license headers
b) explicit statement from you (as the writer) your contributing this to the ASF

If you're willing/planning to do these, I'd suggest opening a new Bridges JIRA issue for a new Struts Bridges maven-2
project archetype and attach your contribution as file. For the attachments you can explicitly say its a contribution to
the ASF.

Regards,

Ate