Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly> on 2014/02/20 06:34:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] 0.8.1 Release

I wanted to start a thread prior to starting the vote for the 0.8.1 release.

There are 3 open patches still pending
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20KAFKA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%220.8.1%22%20AND%20status%20%3D%20%22Patch%20Available%22%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

One patch is a slight difference between 0.8.0 and 0.8.1 with creation of
topic in the docs and feel we need to still show/support both in some way
in the docs.  I just +1 Jay's suggestion so that can move ahead if there
are no objections to what he has planned.

The other I worked on and I don't see it as blocker (the patch can be
applied for the case it resolves as there is some question to what we are
solving and ultimately in 0.9.0 this goes away) so we could move it to
0.8.2 unless folks think it can go in 0.8.1 or should wait.

I don't know anything about the Windows Bat file patch can we move that to
0.8.2 also?

Once these are settled I would like to prepare the artifacts and see if
there are any further issues and if not start the process for calling a
vote of release candidates for 0.8.1.

Thoughts? Questions? Comments? Concerns?

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly