Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "USHAKOV, Sergey" <s....@chemitech.ru> on 2011/04/07 23:56:40 UTC

Question on mailetprocessor - returning the mail to the root

Hi all,

I am now examining the sources for standard mailets, and my eye was caught
by the observation that even in simple cases with minor changes to the Mail
object (say, like in UseHeaderRecipients), in case we wish the mail to be
re-injected into the spool, it is implemented by injecting a new copy of the
Mail object (getMailetContext().sendMail(...)) with the original mail object
being discarded (mail.setState(Mail.GHOST)).

Is there any reason for doing the job this way instead of just changing the
mail state to "root"? What might be the harm if going the latter way?

Thanks and best regards,
Sergey