Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/10 10:05:41 UTC

Need help, Can I disable datanode block report?

hi all,
My data nodes have very large disks(20T+), and when data node reports block
info, the hdfs will not be able to read or write. Can I disable this
feature or give it a very long interval without risk? My hadoop version is
0.20.2.

--
Thanks & Regards
Benjamin Liu

Re: Need help, Can I disable datanode block report?

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.
I'v set block report interval to 1 day, it works fine, shouldn't hadoop
report error if namenode consider the blocks are missing?

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Need help, Can I disable datanode block report?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Need help, Can I disable datanode block report?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Need help, Can I disable datanode block report?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Need help, Can I disable datanode block report?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
While upgrading is safe and works, note that 0.20.2 -> 1.0.4 is not
backwards compatible. That is, existing 0.20.2 clients may fail to work
with 1.0.4 services, if left un-upgraded as well.

Regarding specifying a great length of delay in block reports, it may
affect a few operations that depend on most current block info at the
NameNode, but I can't imagine a very critical issue being caused as a
result of that. You should be OK (afaik) but certainly either apply
HDFS-2379, or upgrade, soon.

--
Harsh J

Re: Need help, Can I disable datanode block report?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Need help, Can I disable datanode block report?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Need help, Can I disable datanode block report?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Need help, Can I disable datanode block report?

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Xibin,

--
Harsh J

Re: Need help, Can I disable datanode block report?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Xibin,

--
Harsh J

Re: Need help, Can I disable datanode block report?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Xibin,

--
Harsh J

Re: Need help, Can I disable datanode block report?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Xibin,

--
Harsh J