Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by xutom <xu...@126.com> on 2015/12/11 12:38:23 UTC

Fail to select ALL the datas in C*

Hi all,
   Now we insert 1 billion rows or more of datas into C*,  and then we use select command to export datas into local files. but each time when we use such SELECT command : SELECT * from table where id = xxx and id2 > value1 and id2 <= value2; to query the datas in C* and then export the datas into local files or hdfs files, we have diffirent numbers of datas? Can somebody knows the reason?

Thanks,
jerry

Re: Fail to select ALL the datas in C*

Posted by Eric Stevens <mi...@gmail.com>.
Inconsistent reads are most often the result of inconsistent data between
nodes.  Inconsistent data during tests like this is quite often the result
of having loaded data fast enough that you dropped mutations (writing even
at quorum means that you could still be dropping data on some nodes and not
realize it because you weren't requiring acknowledgement from all nodes).

To restore consistency, run repair.  To have persistent and immediate
consistency, read and write both at quorum.  If doing a one-time bulk load,
consider writing at consistency ALL (but that's not a good idea for your
normal write or read path).