Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2008/05/07 19:21:12 UTC

Re: plugin repository for 2.1.1

Seems that we need a unique plugin repo for each release, given how we
now build plugins based on the content in pom.xml instead of supplying a
separate plugin file....  Maybe there are some additional
car-maven-plugin enhancements needed, so you can define a range or that
any sever release is supported by the plugin/car being built.  Or maybe
  as David Jencks has suggested elsewhere, we need to setup the
artifact_aliases.properties in each server release to alias prior
releases (like 2.1 and 2.1.1) to the current release (which would be
2.1.2 for the next release.)

-Donald

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
We have somewhat of a fairly complete geronimo-plugins.xml generated now
as a result of a Geronimo build or building other plugins.  It just
requires some minor edits afterward before we can publish it.  The
geronimo-plugins.xml is created (or updated) as a peer to the maven
repository (under .m2).  It's difficult to tie this directly to just one
build since the catalog of plugins is typically created from building
several projects (Geronimo server, samples, components, or whatever).

Joe

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.