Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by "Alexander E. Patrakov" <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/22 12:37:59 UTC

What's the problem with nio on FreeBSD?

Hello.

On this page

http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.3.1/zookeeperAdmin.html

there are such words: "FreeBSD is supported as a development and
production platform for clients only. Java NIO selector support in the
FreeBSD JVM is broken."

Does this apply only to the Linux version of Sun Java through the Linux
compatibility layer in FreeBSD, or also to Diablo JDK or OpenJDK? Could
anyone please point me to a specific test case that I can run in order
to see that it is indeed broken?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov

Re: What's the problem with nio on FreeBSD?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
I believe this was the issue we found originally, however in general
java didn't seem to work well (generally unsupported, at least at the
time) with freebsd.

http://java-programmer.itgroups.info/1/10/thread-267393.html

Patrick