Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Ignacio Gonzalez <ig...@informa.es> on 2004/08/11 14:39:33 UTC

Recursion Support

Hi all!, I'd like to know when JaxMe is planning to support recursion. I
beleive recursion is a key feature of XML. I am willing to contribute with
all the effort needed. I was using JAXB for a while and found that it can't
unmarshal documents with mandatory child elements (even though it is able to
marshal them correctly - quite odd...) which is a blocker issue on the
project I am working on. The thing is that JaxMeis able to unmarshal them
correctly but produces a stackoverflowerror when marshalling... Also, to be
able to generate the classes, I have to use JaxMe 0.2 and then use JaxMe 0.3
to unmarshal them. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Nacho G. Mac Dowell

Re: Recursion Support

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de>.
Ignacio Gonzalez wrote:

>Hi all!, I'd like to know when JaxMe is planning to support recursion. I
>beleive recursion is a key feature of XML. I am willing to contribute with
>all the effort needed. I was using JAXB for a while and found that it can't
>unmarshal documents with mandatory child elements (even though it is able to
>marshal them correctly - quite odd...) which is a blocker issue on the
>project I am working on. The thing is that JaxMeis able to unmarshal them
>correctly but produces a stackoverflowerror when marshalling... Also, to be
>able to generate the classes, I have to use JaxMe 0.2 and then use JaxMe 0.3
>to unmarshal them. Any ideas?

Hi,

sadly, but recursion is not on high priority. Nested groups are
currently the top priority.

In theory, recursion should not be too complex. If you are interested in
working in that, I'll be happy to assist. As a first step, we'd need to
know, where exactly the SackOverflowError occurs. (Which part of the
software calls itself recusrively?)

Jochen