Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "McCullough, Ryan" <rm...@rightnow.com> on 2008/09/23 21:46:10 UTC

date & datetime elements

I am using Axis C (version 1), checked out from source control about 3 months ago.

It looks like the xsd__date & xsd__datetime fields are using the 'tm' structure. Is there a way to configure this to use GMT rather than local time?

Currently a date looks like '2007-01-01-06:00' and a datetime '2007-01-01T11:11:11-06:00'.

What I would like is something that looks like '2007-01-01' and '2007-01-01T11:11:11Z'.

-Ryan

Ryan McCullough | RightNow Technologies | Integration Tools Engineer
406-556-3162 office | Bozeman, MT | rmccullough@rightnow.com<ma...@rightnow.com> | http://www.rightnow.com<http://www.rightnow.com/>

RE: date & datetime elements

Posted by "McCullough, Ryan" <rm...@rightnow.com>.
Nadir,

I made these changes to my source tree. If you are interested in seeing what I did, I can send the changed files to you.

In the serializer of both Date.cpp and DateTime.cpp I added:
#ifdef AXIS_USE_GMT
    // new code to create GMT times
    // basically it just appends a "Z" to the end of the date/datetime string
#else // AXIS_USE_GMT
    // Calculate local timezone offset
#endif // AXIS_USE_GMT

In the deserializer I added
#ifndef AXIS_USE_GMT
    // the t = labs (t - d) code inside the if statement where a Z is found on the end of the date
#endif // AXIS_USE_GMT

I then also added the -DAXIS_USE_GMT compile symbol to my VS project files.

I needed to make a change to both the serializer and deserializer. The serializer will now create date/datetimes in the format 'CCYY(-)MM(-)DDZ' and 'CCYY(-)MM(-)DDThh:mm:ssZ' respectively.

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Ryan,