Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by DeWitt Clinton <de...@unto.net> on 2001/02/14 01:14:01 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Cache::Cache 0.01

Hello:

  Perl Cache is the successor to the popular File::Cache and
  IPC::Cache perl libraries.  This project unifies those modules under
  the generic Cache::Cache interface and implements Cache::FileCache,
  Cache::MemoryCache, and Cache::SharedMemoryCache.

The project is being hosted on SourceForge at:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/perl-cache/

I have released the first version of the unified Cache code as version
0.01, and it can be downloaded here:

  http://download.sourceforge.net/perl-cache/Cache-Cache-0.01.tar.gz

I have not implemented the full functionality of File::Cache (e.g.,
dynamic cache sizing) quite yet.  I am in the process of porting that
code and it will be included in the next release as a new module.

Comments and critique always welcome!

Cheers,

-DeWitt