Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Venkata Rao Nadella <Ve...@NewRiver.Com> on 2002/10/18 18:06:08 UTC

Root element is required in a well-formed document

Hi,

I am trying to convert XML File to PDF using FOP. I am getting following
error although root element is present.

[ERROR]: The root element is required in a well-formed document.

Can someone help me in figuring out why I am getting this error?

Thanks,
Venkat

This e-mail is the property of NewRiver, Inc.  The information transmitted
is confidential and may be privileged, and is only intended for the
recipient to whom it is addressed. Any review, distribution, dissemination,
reliance upon or other use of this information by persons other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. NewRiver makes no representations or
warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to the
information. NewRiver and the sender shall have no responsibility or
liability for any reliance on the information.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete and
destroy any copies of this e-mail.

Re: Root element is required in a well-formed document

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Venkata Rao Nadella wrote:
> I am trying to convert XML File to PDF using FOP. I am getting following
> error although root element is present.
>
> [ERROR]: The root element is required in a well-formed document.
>
> Can someone help me in figuring out why I am getting this error?

This has also happened because of a Xerces bug. Get and use
Xerces 2.0.1 or use another encoding.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Root element is required in a well-formed document

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Venkata Rao Nadella wrote:

> I am trying to convert XML File to PDF using FOP. I am getting following
> error although root element is present.
>
> [ERROR]: The root element is required in a well-formed document.
>
> Can someone help me in figuring out why I am getting this error?
Input fo document you are supplying to fop is not well-formed. Check out
your xsl stylesheet (if any) or fop embedding code (if any).

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team