Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Muser007 <sa...@wiziotec.com> on 2005/06/03 19:10:16 UTC

How will compile and jar goals find sources installed in different directory?

Hi,

My current directory structure is:

workspace
    root
       src
       test
       target
       project.xml
       project.properties
       maven.xml

Now, everytime I build maven, the new sources from cvs are put into:

workspace
    build
        target
          timestamp(yy.mm.dd)
             timestamp2(hh.mm.ss)
                src

And my config files (project.xml, maven.xml and project.properties) need
to reside in:

workspace
    root
       build

How am I going to be able to tell my maven to update sources in :
workspace->build->target->timestamp1->timestamp2->src
and be able to tell project.xml and maven.xml sitting in:
workspace->root->build to find the sources above?

Am I running around in circles ?? Any pointers will be appreciated!
Thanks
Savitha