Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/09/26 17:50:15 UTC

Fw: [Axis2] Release Plan Revisited

The Axis2 1.1 release has been postponed indefinitely, so we will have to
leave the Axis2 WAR out of our release build. I will update the
documentation to point to the latest Axis2 builds and add instructions for
putting it in muse-2.0.0-bin/lib.

Andrew - please leave the build as it is, I will remove the Axis2 WAR
manually before signing it.

Andrew/Joel - please do whatever is necessary to make it easy for people
to bundle-ize the Axis2 WAR.

Let's try and get this done by EOD and start the vote.

Thanks,
Dan

----- Forwarded by Daniel Jemiolo/Durham/IBM on 09/26/2006 11:43 AM -----

Re: Fw: [Axis2] Release Plan Revisited

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
+1 for me.

Andrew Eberbach/Durham/IBM@IBMUS wrote on 09/26/2006 11:58:39 AM:

> Dan, Joel,
>
> I could write a script (using ANT) that will pull down the example axis2
war
> from a URL specified by the user and modify it and install it into the
> appropriate place in the muse distribution. This could be wrapped up
into a
> script that lives in muse/bin call update_install.{sh,bat} will pull
down the
> appropriate WAR. Now the neat thing we could do is have a file on our
side
> that meta-refreshes to where the axis2 war is, so that the user doesn't
> actually have to provide the URL, they just have to run the script.
Think of
> this as the poor man's update site. For now we can point to the nightly
WAR

Posted by Andrew Eberbach <ae...@us.ibm.com>.
Dan, Joel,