Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Charles Guo <ch...@rescentris.com> on 2003/01/13 18:03:31 UTC

XPath- Wildcard *

Hello,

I am using both xml-xindice-1.0 on both Red Hat Linux 7.1 and Windows 2000
Pro.

I have found that the wildcard * ,in many cases, only works in the Windows
but not the Linux.

For example:

						Linux			Windows

	-q "//product[@id]”	element return	element return

	-q "//*[@id]”		(No return)		element return

	-g “//*”			(No return)		element return

	-g “/*”			(No return)		element return

What is the problem?

Thanks for help,

Charles

RE: XPath- Wildcard *

Posted by Charles Guo <ch...@rescentris.com>.
Hi Jeff,

I tried the  -q '//*'  and it behaves like double quotes and no quotes ---
No result returns.

Thank you just the same.  If you have other suggestions, please let me know.

Charles

RE: XPath- Wildcard *

Re: XPath- Wildcard *

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.