Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by AN...@homedepot.com on 2012/12/19 20:23:23 UTC

Hi

I am working on options to load my sstables to load into Cassandra (1.1.6 - localhost).

Had tried 2 options so far:

*         Running sstableloader from java module -
Created a java class which invokes org.apache.cassandra.tools.BulkLoader.main with the following args:
-d '127.0.0.1' 'C:\Anand\Workspace\H2C_POC\Customer'

I end up having "Unknown directory: 'C:\Anand\Workspace\H2C_POC\Customer'" error.
Is there a problem with my directory structure?

*         Using JMX Client -

I have given the arg as 'C:\Anand\Workspace\H2C_POC\Customer' in Run configurations of my eclipse, I get the following error.

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:

       java.io.EOFException]

       at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:338)

       at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:248)

       at com.homedepot.sstables.JmxBulkLoader.connect(JmxBulkLoader.java:35)

       at com.homedepot.sstables.JmxBulkLoader.<init>(JmxBulkLoader.java:27)

       at com.homedepot.sstables.JmxBulkLoader.main(JmxBulkLoader.java:55)

Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:

       java.io.EOFException]

       at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:101)

       at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.GenericURLContext.lookup(GenericURLContext.java:185)

       at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)

       at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServerJNDI(RMIConnector.java:1886)

       at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServer(RMIConnector.java:1856)

       at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:257)

       ... 4 more

Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:

       java.io.EOFException

       at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:286)

       at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:184)

       at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:322)

       at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)

       at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:97)

       ... 9 more

Caused by: java.io.EOFException

       at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:250)

       at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:228)

       ... 13 more

Please let me know if I am missing something here.
Note - I am running hadoop in windows (standalone mode). Trying to load my hive tables to Cassandra using sstableloader.

Anand B

________________________________

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The Home Depot terms of business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses, e.g., worms, trojan horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail message or its attachment.

Re: Loading sstables to Cassandra using sstableloader and JMX client

Posted by Sachin <sa...@gmail.com>.
> [...]
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution
>  or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited
contained in this Email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any
applicable governing The
>  Home Depot terms of business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot
disclaims all responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this
attachment and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors,
viruses, e.g., worms, trojan
>  horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which may be contained
in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct, indirect, consequential

Hi Anand,

I am also experiencing the exact same problem as yours that is:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer
stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested
exception is:
	java.io.EOFException]

I am also running cassandra on windows and was able to complete the step of
SSTable creation. But I could not run the client because in the installation,
sstableloader is given only for Linux. There is no sstableloader.bat like
cassandra.bat for windows.

So I was hoping that java program with JMX will work. But it is stuck here
because of this error.

Were you able to solve this problem at all? If yes, could you please help me
with the solution that worked for you?

thanks
Sachin

RE: Loading sstables to Cassandra using sstableloader and JMX client

Posted by AN...@homedepot.com.
I tried without quotes as well. Still error persists.
And I am using them in my Run configuration arguments of eclipse java project.

While running it as a java application, it provides only one line error. Rest are just options to be passed in arguments - such as host name, port name, directory path etc.

Regards
Anand B

-d '127.0.0.1' 'C:\Anand\Workspace\H2C_POC\Customer'
Are you using the quotes on the command line / in the arguments ?
Try without them.

I end up having "Unknown directory: 'C:\Anand\Workspace\H2C_POC\Customer'"
error.
Whats the full error stack.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 21/12/2012, at 9:51 AM, ANAND_BALARAMAN@homedepot.com<ma...@homedepot.com> wrote:

Hi
Yes, Customer is the keyspace.
I tried giving the column family name as well and getting same error.
Also tweaked by changing the slash from '\' to '/' or '\\'.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Anand B
Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
>> -d '127.0.0.1' 'C:\Anand\Workspace\H2C_POC\Customer'
Are you using the quotes on the command line / in the arguments ?
Try without them.

>> I end up having "Unknown directory: 'C:\Anand\Workspace\H2C_POC\Customer'"
>> error.
Whats the full error stack.

Cheers

-----------------

Posted by Pradeep Kumar Mantha <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> [...]

Posted by AN...@homedepot.com.
Hi

I am working on options to load my sstables to load into Cassandra (1.1.6 - localhost).

Reference - http://amilaparanawithana.blogspot.com/2012/06/bulk-loading-external-data-to-cassandra.html

Note - I am running Hadoop in windows (standalone mode). Trying to load my hive tables to Cassandra using sstableloader.

Had tried 2 options from the enlisted options in the reference link provided:

*         Running sstableloader from java module -
Created a java class which invokes org.apache.cassandra.tools.BulkLoader.main with the following args:
-d '127.0.0.1' 'C:\Anand\Workspace\H2C_POC\Customer'

I end up having "Unknown directory: 'C:\Anand\Workspace\H2C_POC\Customer'" error.
Is there a problem with my directory structure?
                                Is it expecting a Linux directory format?

I have given the arg as 'C:\Anand\Workspace\H2C_POC\Customer' in Run configurations of my eclipse for running JMX Client. I get the following error: