Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch> on 2013/01/10 11:24:05 UTC

FOSDEM booked / Material list for the stand

Hello all

I just booked the FOSDEM. So I will be there and I can also help at the
stand. I'm happy to meet new and familiar faces there. Do we have a list
on the wiki with materials for the stand?

Greetings Raphael

Re: FOSDEM booked / Material list for the stand

Posted by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raphael

I'm happy to meet you there.

A+
--
gw

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 15.05.2013 08:07, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

>>> Here is a proposal that I'm submitting for lazy consensus. ...
>>> At least, we will need a simple banner (an X-banner or a roll-up banner)
>>> and a few hundreds (500-1000) of the English flyers prepared by Drew. I
>>> can take care of ordering and delivering to FOSDEM. ...
>>> A budget of 150 EUR will cover the expenses.
>>
>> So I'll assume we have (very!) lazy consensus and move on, otherwise
>> there won't be time to get everything ready in time for FOSDEM. I've
>> read on this list that Oliver, who already took care of managing the
>> conference fund, is unavailable this week. So I'll just pay for the
>> roll-up and printed leaflets myself and then investigate, with no hurry,
>> how the expense can be reimbursed.
>
> Coming back to this... in the end I spent 145 EUR for roll-up and
> leaflets. Michael and Mechtilde kept the roll-up and leaflets since they
> will be using them in other occasions too (actually, maybe they have
> already used it in the meantime). I will ask for reimbursement of these
> promotional materials from the OpenOffice conference funds through Oliver.
>
> Note that, while we had considered to give some financial support to
> speakers/volunteers, in the end everybody came on their own expenses and
> the project didn't reimburse travel/hotel to anybody. So, except for the
> minimal merchandising expenses above, our conference funds are still
> untouched.

Sorry, that I did not pay attention on this - I have just overseen it.

But nevertheless, I am not the 'AOO treasurer'.
Thus, we - the project members - just have to agree that we want to
spend this money from our special fund. Then the ASF treasurer and for
final approval "the Prezo or the EVP" [1] can be contacted to actually
spend the money.

[1] quote from a reply from the ASF treasurer regarding our funding for
the ACEU 2012.

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: FOSDEM booked / Material list for the stand

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 15/05/2013 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> Here is a proposal that I'm submitting for lazy consensus. ...
>>> At least, we will need a simple banner (an X-banner or a roll-up banner)
>>> and a few hundreds (500-1000) of the English flyers prepared by Drew. I
>>> can take care of ordering and delivering to FOSDEM. ...
>>> A budget of 150 EUR will cover the expenses.
>> So I'll assume we have (very!) lazy consensus and move on, otherwise
>> there won't be time to get everything ready in time for FOSDEM. I've
>> read on this list that Oliver, who already took care of managing the
>> conference fund, is unavailable this week. So I'll just pay for the
>> roll-up and printed leaflets myself and then investigate, with no hurry,
>> how the expense can be reimbursed.
> Coming back to this... in the end I spent 145 EUR for roll-up and
> leaflets. ... I will ask for reimbursement of these
> promotional materials from the OpenOffice conference funds through Oliver.

There's a technicality that I forgot (thanks Oliver for reminding me).
To proceed with reimbursement of any expenses we need to have consensus
that the expense does not violate the charity status of the Apache
Software Foundation.

So, if nobody objects in the meantime, in 72 hours or so I'll assume
lazy consensus on this (i.e., I'll assume that nobody objects to the
fact that printing promotional materials to give away for free at a
conference booth is compatible with the charity status of the
Foundation) and ask for reimbursement.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: FOSDEM booked / Material list for the stand

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 10/01/2013 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/FOSDEM+2013+Organization

Here is a proposal that I'm submitting for lazy consensus. If anybody
else wishes to take over I'll definitely be happy, but we need to get it
started now if we wish to be ready in time for FOSDEM.

> We will need actions on three levels:
> - Determine what to get and especially the related costs and deadlines
> (and of course, availability to take care of placing the orders at due
> time)

At least, we will need a simple banner (an X-banner or a roll-up banner)
and a few hundreds (500-1000) of the English flyers prepared by Drew. I
can take care of ordering and delivering to FOSDEM. But then the
materials should be given to someone who regularly attends events and
travels by car, like Mechtilde and Michael.

> - Allocating funds (I expect this to be easy, through easy consensus on
> this list; we have funds that are in principle available for conferences)

A budget of 150 EUR will cover the expenses. It is quite likely that we
will spend less (for example, I received an offer for banner+500 flyers
at 100 EUR, even though I haven't been able to check some details yet),
but since printing 1000 flyers costs only 15 EUR more than printing 500,
I would keep some margin to be able to pick the most convenient option.

> - Preparing a design for the materials we need

I would be able to prepare a quick banner design (orb+logo). But I'm
putting Michael Acevedo in CC since we still need to have a real vector
version (in any format: SVG, AI, EPS...) of the OpenOffice logo. By the
way, the banner size I'm investigating is 60x160 cm if anyone wants to
prepare the design.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: FOSDEM booked / Material list for the stand

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Raphael Bircher wrote:
> I just booked the FOSDEM. So I will be there and I can also help at the
> stand. I'm happy to meet new and familiar faces there.

Great!

> Do we have a list on the wiki with materials for the stand?

There's a page waiting to be filled in at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/FOSDEM+2013+Organization

We will need actions on three levels:
- Determine what to get and especially the related costs and deadlines
(and of course, availability to take care of placing the orders at due time)
- Allocating funds (I expect this to be easy, through easy consensus on
this list; we have funds that are in principle available for conferences)
- Preparing a design for the materials we need

Volunteers welcome for each of them!

Regards,
   Andrea.