Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mubashar Ahmad <ma...@i2cinc.com> on 2004/12/21 06:05:43 UTC

Need to wrtie a svn Client only

Hello Dears!

I want to write only a client of subversion for windowsXP ... please let me
what libraries are necessary for that and how can I get all the binaries of
subversion api's.. so I ll be able to write the client without the building
process of subversion source.

Regards,
Mubashar Ahmad
Software Engineer
i2c Inc.

Re: Need to wrtie a svn Client only

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
Mubashar Ahmad wrote:
> Hello Dear
>
> I m using windowXP. And facing the same problem... and problem is not
> how to write code etc. I m asking about what libraries I need if want
> to write a subversion client.... and that if some one can provide me
> these libs binaries as I m still unable to build subversion project
> as it is dependent on lots of tools and software....

All of them?  Seriously, I think some of this depends on *your*
application and what it needs.  For example, if you aren't going to have
working copies and only communicate with the server, well, you can
probably bump out a couple of libraries.

Are you following the instructions in the INSTALL document?  That's what
I did...

-John

Re: Need to wrtie a svn Client only

Posted by Martin Tomes <li...@tomes.org>.
Mubashar Ahmad wrote:
> Hello Dear
>
> I m using windowXP. And facing the same problem... and problem is not how to
> write code etc. I m asking about what libraries I need if want to write a
> subversion client.... and that if some one can provide me these libs
> binaries as I m still unable to build subversion project as it is dependent
> on lots of tools and software....

I would suggest that you build the standard source distribution first,
if you can build that then you can build your own client.  The
instructions on how to do that are in the INSTALL file.

--
Martin Tomes
echo 'martin at tomes x org x uk'\

The Subversion Wiki is at http://www.subversionary.org/

RE: Need to wrtie a svn Client only

Posted by Mubashar Ahmad <ma...@i2cinc.com>.
Hello Dear

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Posted by Martin Tomes <li...@tomes.org>.

Posted by Mubashar Ahmad <ma...@i2cinc.com>.
Hello Tony!

I have checked the chapter 8 and found some libs listed in the start of the
chapter. I have included all these libraries and its headers in project
files. But I am getting linker error.. on the svn_config_get_config or
svn_error_clean and some other basic functions of svn.

SVNUpdate error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__libintl_dgettext
referenced in function _print_error
SVNUpdate error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__libintl_dgettext
SVNUpdate error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__libintl_textdomain referenced in function _svn_cmdline_init
SVNUpdate error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__libintl_bindtextdomain referenced in function _svn_cmdline_init
SVNUpdate error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__libintl_fprintf
referenced in function _svn_cmdline_init
SVNUpdate error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__libintl_sprintf
referenced in function _uri_escape

Can you tell me if I have all of the libraries required when what kind of
error this is....

Regards,
Mubashar Ahmad
Software Engineer