Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Mr. King" <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/20 06:19:10 UTC

Outlook mail client from behind Squid Proxy connecting James

Dear Friends,

I have configured POP3 accounts in James mail server and downloaded the emails
from the machine on which I am running squid proxy server using MS Outlook.
Now when I am trying to send/retrieve emails from MS Outlook on other client
machines which are connecting to internet through Squid Proxy Server, I am
getting Error Msg:

Unable to connect to the Server. (Account: myaccount, POP3 Server: myserver,
Error Number: 0x800ccc0e).

If any of you have faced similar problems and know the solution, please help me
out of this problem.

Thanks very much,
-RDX

Custom mailet - migrating from 2.0a3 to 2.1.3

Posted by Shal Jain <sh...@intertechsys.com>.
I created a jar containing the custom mailet class and added it to the .SAR
file.  I also added all the other depenndant JAR files into the SAR file.
However, I'm running into some issues with log4J that one of the dependant
jar uses. (didn't have this issue in 2.0a3)

I like to know if someone has custom mailets and its dependant jars deployed
w/out adding them to the SAR file.  I have tried modifying the run.bat
file to include /apps/james/sar-inf/lib as part of the ext-dirs with all
the jars including the custom class copied in there but to no avail.

RE: Outlook mail client from behind Squid Proxy connecting James

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Unable to connect to the Server. (Account: myaccount, POP3 Server:
myserver,
> Error Number: 0x800ccc0e).

ref:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=0x800ccc0e+Outloo

It is an FAQ item on Microsoft's web site, and basically says that their
client can't connect to the server.

	--- Noel