Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Andrea Smyth <an...@iona.com> on 2006/10/03 16:56:10 UTC

Apache license in local copies of third party files?

Hi Cliff,

In CXF we use local copies for a number of third party resources, such
as wsdl.xsd, wsrm.xsd etc.. The reason for this is to avoid having the
CXF build depend on the accessibility of the remote sites hosting these
resources.
These files all come with their respective license embedded (e.g.
see http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/ or
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm/wsrm-policy.xsd).
If we leave them unchanged, do we still have to add an Apache license to
them?

Thanks,
Andrea.

Re: Apache license in local copies of third party files?

Posted by Andrea Smyth <an...@iona.com>.
Thanks Guillaume and Cliff - that makes sense.
I'll take care of it for third party wsdl and schema files imported so far.
Andrea.

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--