Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com> on 2015/02/25 07:00:30 UTC

CoreOS official platforms

During the webinar today[1] Sebastien mentioned that CoreOS is already supported in some production CloudStack installations.
CoreOS templates for all hypervisors are also hosted here http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/coreos/x86_64/
How do we get CloudStack listed as one of the official platforms for CoreOS here https://coreos.com/docs/ ?

[1] http://www.meetup.com/CloudStack-Silicon-Valley-User-Group/events/220330313/

Re: CoreOS official platforms

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Wow, that's really nice, thanks for sharing.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Tim Mackey <tm...@gmail.com>.
Everyone,

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
That's great, thanks.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hello,

There are no changes apart from disk format. I have this super simple script that does all the job in jenkins:

wget http://stable.release.core-os.net/amd64-usr/current/coreos_production_cloudstack_image.bin.bz2
bunzip2 coreos_production_cloudstack_image.bin.bz2

qemu-img convert -p -f raw coreos_production_cloudstack_image.bin -O qcow2 -o compat=0.10 coreos_production_cloudstack_image-kvm.qcow2
qemu-img convert -p -f raw coreos_production_cloudstack_image.bin -O vmdk coreos_production_cloudstack_image-vmware.vmdk
qemu-img convert -p -f raw coreos_production_cloudstack_image.bin -O vpc coreos_production_cloudstack_image-hyperv.vhd

vhd-util convert -s 0 -t 1 -i coreos_production_cloudstack_image.bin -o coreos_production_cloudstack_image-xenstage.vhd
faketime '2010-01-01' vhd-util convert -s 1 -t 2 -i coreos_production_cloudstack_image-xenstage.vhd -o coreos_production_cloudstack_image-xen.vhd && rm -fv coreos_production_cloudstack_image-xenstage.vhd.bak

bzip2 -v coreos_production_cloudstack_image-kvm.qcow2 coreos_production_cloudstack_image-vmware.vmdk coreos_production_cloudstack_image-xen.vhd
zip --verbose coreos_production_cloudstack_image-hyperv.vhd.zip coreos_production_cloudstack_image-hyperv.vhd && rm -fv coreos_production_cloudstack_image-hyperv.vhd

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.