Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Brown, Scott M (IS)" <Sc...@ngc.com> on 2016/10/20 15:55:22 UTC

RE: EXT :Re: 1.7 native library performance boost

We're testing identical systems, one with 1.6, and one with 1.7 since it was mentioned (and I can't find the link again) that using the native library instead of java library gave the gain.. we are testing my performing a large rya ingest thru accumulo, and also using Rya Webview and retrieving large queries.. the ingest is ~90 min, so a good run, and the query is ~20k record return.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Well, that's why you don't see any impact :). I'd recommend brushing up
on the Accumulo user manual[1] and maybe the BigTable architecture[2].

Bulk loading files into Accumulo avoids the write-ahead log and
in-memory map completely. Thus, a more efficient native map would have
next to no effect on the performance of your ingest task.

[1] http://accumulo.apache.org/1.8/accumulo_user_manual#_native_map
[2] http://research.google.com/archive/bigtable-osdi06.pdf

Posted by "Brown, Scott M (IS)" <Sc...@ngc.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.