Posted to user@hive.apache.org by sh...@accenture.com on 2013/12/26 07:18:31 UTC

Adding a table in HIVE does not create a table on mysql which is the metastore

Hi,

I am exploring HIVE options on EMR box from Amazon. Once I create a table from HUE(Hadoop User Experience) console, I expect a table to get created on MYSQL as this is the metastore. But I don't find the table inside MYSQL database.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shouvanik

________________________________

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. .

www.accenture.com

RE: Adding a table in HIVE does not create a table on mysql which is the metastore

Posted by sh...@accenture.com.
After adding this, do we have to restart mysql / hive?

Posted by Satish Mittal <sa...@inmobi.com>.
Can you check the following element configured in hive-site.xml of your
Hive client:

javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURLjdbc:mysql://*hostname*/database_name?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true
where *hostname* is the name of the machine you installed MySQL on and
database_name is the name of database.

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 4:16 PM, <sh...@accenture.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Which database should I select in MYSQL?
>

> I have two databases presently
>

> mysql> show databases;
>
> +--------------------+
>
> | Database           |
>
> +--------------------+
>
> | information_schema |
>
> | test               |
>
> +--------------------+
>
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>

> And once inside test database, I do not find the table “t1” which I had
> created.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Shouvanik

receipt.

[...]