Posted to users@camel.apache.org by vssundar <vs...@hotmail.com> on 2011/07/02 09:04:57 UTC

timers processors and parallel processing

I have a camel route in Groovy that simplified as below:

from
(timer).process(myProcessor).split().parallelProcessing().process(anotherProcessor)

When running this route, the timer kicks off once and only once and it does
not get invoked again. If I remove the split and the parallel processing
option my program works fine.

I looked into the forums and the concurrency section of the CIA book but
can't seem to figure out the problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Sundar

Re: timers processors and parallel processing

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reporting it.

On Thu Jul  7 14:19:25 2011, vssundar wrote:
> We investigate further and found that when the splitter returns 0 results the
> route seems to hang and this was on Camel 2.5. We tried upgrading to Camel
> 2.7.1 and that seems to fix the problem.

Willem
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
         http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

Re: timers processors and parallel processing

Posted by vssundar <vs...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by vssundar <vs...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you Willem. From your reply I can surmise that this should work as I
was not sure if I missed a section indicating lack of such support.

I'll try and replicate the problem with a simple test case and will post it
here if I am successful.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Can you create a simple unit test to demonstrate this error?
It will be helpful for us to locate the issue.

On 7/2/11 3:04 PM, vssundar wrote:
> I have a camel route in Groovy that simplified as below:
>
> from
> (timer).process(myProcessor).split().parallelProcessing().process(anotherProcessor)
>
> When running this route, the timer kicks off once and only once and it does
> not get invoked again. If I remove the split and the parallel processing
> option my program works fine.
>
> I looked into the forums and the concurrency section of the CIA book but
> can't seem to figure out the problem.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Regards,
> Sundar