Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kathryn Huxtable <kh...@ku.edu> on 2007/04/02 20:34:05 UTC

JXR versus javadoc linking

I can't get it to work in 2.0.5 using the <javadocDir> configuration
element. My links come out as

    www.kathrynhuxtable.org/apidocs/...

Instead of

    www.kathrynhuxtable.org/projects/shibshimfilter/apidocs/...

In my pom.xml I'm specifying

    <javadocDir>target/site/apidocs/</javadocDir>

This is in the configuration for JXR.

Is there something else I should be doing?

You can view the site at the URL above. Unfortunately, I'm at work and my
pom is on my powered down system at home.

-K

Re: JXR versus javadoc linking

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Kathryn Huxtable wrote:
> Yes, that took care of it. When will this likely be released? -K

Good to hear.
Version 2.1 is currently being voted on.

> On 4/3/07 3:03 PM, "Dennis Lundberg" <de...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Kathryn Huxtable wrote:
>>> I think I see part of the problem. The path to the FilterHandler source
>>> reference file on my development system is
>>>

>>> /Users/huxtable/dev/workspace/shibshimfilter/target/site/xref/org/kathrynhux
>>> table/middleware/shibshim/filter/FilterHandler.html
>>>
>>> It looks as if the 12 ".." occurrences in the generated xref file get me
>>> back to "/Users". Naturally, on my web page, where I don't have anything
>>> like that depth, it just takes me to www.kathrynhuxtable.org/apidocs...
>>>
>>> When I open the site on my development system using File > Open and navigate
>>> to the target/site/index.html and follow the links, everything works except
>>> for the javadoc links from the xref. Same thing. It shows the link as
>>>
>>> file:///Users/apidocs...
>>>
>>> Instead of
>>>
>>> file:///Users/huxtable/dev/workspace/shibshimfilter/target/site/apidocs...
>>>
>>> I think JXR may be a bit lame. It finds its CSS files just fine.
>>>
>>> Are people actually using this feature? I suppose I can set it to not
>>> include the links, thus defining the problem away, but it seems like a nice
>>> feature.
>>>
>>> -K
>> I think that this has been solved in the 2.1-SNAPSHOT version of
>> maven-jxr-plugin. My test-projects do not have unnecessary ".." in them
>> when I build using the 2.1-SNAPSHOT version of the plugin. Can you
>> please give it a try?
>>
>> Here are instructions how to test a SNAPSHOT-version of a plugin:
>> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.h
>> tml

Dennis Lundberg

Re: JXR versus javadoc linking

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <kh...@ku.edu>.
Actually, the core problem was that I was still using the codehaus version
instead of the Apache version of the plugin. Switching it indicates that
version 2.0 works fine.

Thanks!

-K

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <kh...@ku.edu>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Kathryn Huxtable wrote:
> [...]

>>         <configLocation>config/maven_checks.xml</configLocation>
>>       </configuration>
>>     </plugin>
>>     <plugin>
>>       <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>>       <artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>     </plugin>
>>   </plugins>
>> </reporting>
>>
>> -K
>>

>> On 4/2/07 4:32 PM, "Dennis Lundberg" <de...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Kathryn Huxtable wrote: I can't get it to work in 2.0.5 using the
>>> <javadocDir>
>>> configuration element. My links come out as

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm afraid I don't understand what kind of problems you are having. Clicking
>>> around on your site, everything seems to be working...
>>>
>>> Also, a snippet from your pom with the appropriate config sections would be

Dennis Lundberg

Re: JXR versus javadoc linking

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <kh...@ku.edu>.

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <kh...@ku.edu>.