Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/19 20:20:13 UTC

Re: Javascript Search function

Hi
>When the search text is clicked, it presents the result set at the bottom
of the page.  The function that does this is doSearch().
What you need to determine is what actually happens when the function is
clicked (some sort of http request must be being made). You can use
LiveHttpHeaders(FF) / Fiddler(IE) to determine what the browser is doing or
Use Jmeter proxy server to record the test.

JMeter is not a browser and does not execute javascript, you can only
simulate the HTTP Request/response that a browser sends. So once you know
what http request the browser sends from above you can add an HTTPSampler
for the same.
regards
deepak

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
> but the application will not work with it because of various security
requirements and how it loads in a separate window.
That cant be correct. (You may have problems with https , but that has no
relation to the separate window...)
>It looks like there is a JSON request being sent for this form.
Again it depends, since there are too many toolkits , but in the end its an
http request, you need to see what it is your brwoser is sending using any
of the techniques mentioned to you in the previous post. The easiest is a
browser trace tool

Posted by "Hoffman, Matthew S" <ho...@ctc.com>.
Thanks, I did try the proxy stuff, but the application will not work with it because of various security requirements and how it loads in a separate window.

Posted by Jatin Davey <ja...@cisco.com>.