Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nirmit Desai <ni...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/07/24 19:53:52 UTC

[Axis 1.4] hot deployment on Tomcat 5

Hi all,

I am new to Axis and I have a few questions regarding the deployment model
of Axis 1.4. I am aware that Axis2 allows hot deployment but I cannot use
it for other pressing reasons.

I deploy services with command line AdminClient and manually copy the
implementation classes to the server. Is there a way to avoid restrating
the whole Tomcat app server to have the new classes loaded? I am trying to
allow dynamic deployment. I read in the docs that this is app server
specific. I couldn't find any info regarding the capability of Tomcat 5 in
this regard.

Thanks,

-Nirmit