Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/12 19:24:14 UTC

PDFBox report, March 2008

Hi,

I wrote the following as our second report to the Incubator PMC and
the Apache board:

----

Apache PDFBox is an open source Java PDF library for working with PDF
documents. PDFBox entered incubation on February 7th, 2008.

The basic project infrastructure (lists, svn, jira, etc.) is already
in place, and we are currently working on migrating the source code
and existing issues from SourceForge. We have also requested a user
mailing list to replace the current help forums on SourceForge.

----

Feel free to modify the report on
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2008 if you have anything you
want to add or revise.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: PDFBox report, March 2008

Posted by Philipp Koch <ph...@day.com>.
thanks jukka, sounds good to me.

regards,
philipp

Re: PDFBox report, March 2008

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me.

I was going to ask why we're reporting monthly - but then I saw this:
  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule

Niall

Re: PDFBox report, March 2008

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I added the following note about export control status as requested by
the Apache board:

----
PDFBox uses the Bouncy Castle crypto libraries for handling encrypted
PDF files. We will take care of export control issues as we proceed
with importing the PDFBox sources to Apache.
----

BR,

Jukka Zitting