Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rajagopalan Hariharan <ra...@oracle.com> on 2023/02/01 02:37:13 UTC

Tomcat as a Windows Service not picking JAVA_OPTS parameter

Hi,

I have deployed ORDS 22.4 version in Tomcat 9 (which is installed as a Windows Service).

For ORDS to work e have to set JAVA_OPTS parameter before starting Tomcat.

This works perfectly fine when set in cmd and Tomcat started in cmd using startup.bat.

But when you start as service, I have tried setting the parameter in ENV variables , right click services and include in Startup, Catalina.properties - nothing worked.

Please help on this

Regards,
Rajagopalan H

AW: [External] : Re: Tomcat as a Windows Service not picking JAVA_OPTS parameter

Posted by "Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH)" <Th...@speed4trade.com.INVALID>.
Hello,

could you print out all system properties, e.g. within a debug.jsp?
Similar to:
https://mkyong.com/java/how-to-list-all-system-properties-key-and-value-in-java/

Maybe you can find your option somewhere else or is it completely missing?

Greetings, Thomas

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Rajagopalan,

On 2/1/23 10:22, Rajagopalan Hariharan wrote:
> No it is not working even after setting the same.

Can you copy/paste the entire contents (with any secrets removed) of
your Java Options section?

After changing that, you did both "save" and re-restart the service,
right? Did you ensure that it actually restarted?

-chris

Posted by Rajagopalan Hariharan <ra...@oracle.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.