Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/08 21:00:00 UTC

Re: 2.1 CVS: ftp proxy probably broken

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:52:05 +0200, Andreas Steinmetz <as...@domdv.de> wrote:
> Did anybody notice that the ftp proxy seems to be broken?
>
> Any request returns 503 and the reason seems to be that
> ap_proxy_connect_backend is called with conn->addr=NULL
> from ap_proxy_ftp_handler.

I can't get it to work either.

There also seems to be a slight regression in ProxyPass support for
ftp.  The following directive is accepted by 2.0 but not by 2.1:

proxypass /ftp1 ftp://dummy:dummy@127.0.0.1/

2.1 says invalid port at config parsing time.

Unfortunately, 2.0 doesn't process it correctly at the time of the
request, because it tries to grab user and password from the wrong
parsed URI, but that seems easy enough to fix.

Somebody please call me a liar ("proxy ftp really does work in 2.1" or
"ProxyPass ftp really does work with password in 2.0").

Re: 2.1 CVS: ftp proxy probably broken

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:52:05 +0200, Andreas Steinmetz <as...@domdv.de> wrote:
>
>>Did anybody notice that the ftp proxy seems to be broken?
> I can't get it to work either.
> There also seems to be a slight regression in ProxyPass support for
> ftp.  The following directive is accepted by 2.0 but not by 2.1:
>
> proxypass /ftp1 ftp://dummy:dummy@127.0.0.1/
>
> 2.1 says invalid port at config parsing time.

Hm, the current algo presumes scheme://host[:port].
I'll see if apr_uri_parse will allow parsing ajp and
balancer schemes.

Regards,
Mladen.