Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "Coscend@OM" <OM...@Coscend.com> on 2018/09/25 07:34:34 UTC

Whiteboard Tool Layout: ID Selector Effect

Dear Maxim,

May we seek your insight into the following technical issue?

To do enhanced layout and styling of whiteboard's toolbar, we were assigning
certain CSS property-values to id selector=wb-tools.  For some reason, the
effect is not showing in the result.

Then, we checked the demo server-->Chrome's devtools.  Strangely, this id
selector=wb-tools does not show up in the inspection tool. All class
selectors show and have effect in the result when changed.  ATTACHED is a
screenshot from the demo server.  Same result in Firefox as well.

We would appreciate it if you could help us learn the technical reason
behind this.  Or, is this a bug in browser engine? Or, do we need to refine
any part of OM code to be able to see the effect of changing id=wb-tools

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Hemant K. Sabat

 <http://www.coscend.com/> www.Coscend.com

Real-time, Interactive Video Collaboration, Tele-healthcare, Tele-education,
Telepresence Services, on the fly.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail
Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:
<http://www.coscend.com/Anchor/Common/Terms_and_Conditions.html>
http://www.Coscend.com/Anchor/Common/Terms_and_Conditions.html

---
https://www.avg.com

RE: Whiteboard Tool Layout: ID Selector Effect

Posted by "Coscend@OM" <OM...@Coscend.com>.
Dear Maxim,

Thank you for helping us learn about the concept of “adding a CSS id and class selector as a template in Java programs”.  This conceptual learning not only helps us refine our OM instance as below, but also complements our use of chain id and class selectors and combinators in 7 other Web-based communications and collaboration products.

Your pointer [1] solves our toolbar positioning requirement.

[1] https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/master/openmeetings-web/src/main/webapp/css/raw-wb.css#L46

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:  <http://www.coscend.com/Anchor/Common/Terms_and_Conditions.html> http://www.Coscend.com/Anchor/Common/Terms_and_Conditions.html

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: Whiteboard Tool Layout: ID Selector Effect

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax