Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by codedummy <co...@hotmail.com> on 2003/04/14 16:22:41 UTC

connect two tomcats (jvm) with one apache (two virtual hosts with own jvm (tomcat))

Hello,

If I want two virtual machines (tomcats) each of them connected to hist own virtual server.
Is there a running configuration file (files) available?
How do I name the second workers2.properties (should store the other ajp13 port)?
Can't figure it out. Maybe someone has success?

Greetings
Thanks
Peter

Re: connect two tomcats (jvm) with one apache (two virtual hosts with own jvm (tomcat))

Posted by Keith Brady <kb...@newbay.com>.
On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 15:22, codedummy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I want two virtual machines (tomcats) each of them connected to hist own virtual server.
> Is there a running configuration file (files) available?
> How do I name the second workers2.properties (should store the other ajp13 port)?
> Can't figure it out. Maybe someone has success?

You should be able to simply specify a different worker in
workers2.properties and use it in your uri maps (or JkSet or whatever)

e.g., for the unix domain socket channels (which I prefer to use) you
would clone your usual one, say:
  [channel.un:preferred]
  info=AF_UNIX socket connecting to "host1"
  file=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat1/work/jk2.socket
  debug=0
to:
  [channel.un:secondary]
  info=AF_UNIX socket connecting to "host2"
  file=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat2/work/jk2.socket
  debug=0

Don't forget to change the port numbers of your listening sockets.

--
Keith Brady
NewBay Software