Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ross Mcdonald <ro...@vnu.co.uk> on 2005/09/07 12:49:36 UTC

flowscript in jruby

Hi Cocoon folk,

I am a long time fan of Ruby, and work with Cocoon for a living (at
VNU with Pier) and hope to get a better knowledge of its inner workings,
the prospect of working with Ruby inside Cocoon is therefore very
interesting to me,

I would love to have a look into this, but have no idea really of how
complex implementing a flowscript implementation is,
if I could get a little help, I would like to have a go at tackling
this as my first real contribution to Cocoon,

please let me know if you are happy for me to delve into this,

cheers,

Ross McDonald.

Re: flowscript in jruby

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
On 07.09.2005, at 16:40, Ross Mcdonald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in all honesty it would depend on how integrated jruby would be, I
> know that jruby itself has many limitations
> at the moment, so initially it would be more about working with the
> ruby synax and various shorthand notations,

What about groovy? ...through javaflow

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: flowscript in jruby

Posted by Ross Mcdonald <ro...@vnu.co.uk>.
Hi,

in all honesty it would depend on how integrated jruby would be, I
know that jruby itself has many limitations
at the moment, so initially it would be more about working with the
ruby synax and various shorthand notations,

if extra functionality or new ways to do things would be enabled over
time though, this would make the task
worthwhile I believe,

I believe that choice is a good thing, so having alternative
implementations helps people to work with what
they like, and I certainly think Ruby has a lot to offer Cocoon,

Ross.

Re: flowscript in jruby

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.