Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Re...@blum.com on 2007/12/05 14:59:21 UTC

where can i find procrun

Hello,

mybe i'm stupid or i'm blind but i can't find a download for the
procrun.exe.
or am i running the wrong version of windows which doesen't contain
procrun? (I'm running Windows Server 2003R2)

This page http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon/procrun.html talks
about the usage of procrun (no Download here).
And on the page http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon/binaries.html in
the chapter "What to do to get the excutable (typo in the page!!)" this is
the only information i get there: The procrun.exe has to be installed as a
service. (See procrun for more information.
I like this backlinking seems like i'm stuck in an endless loop. Isn't
this odd for you too?

On the binaries page http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/daemon/binaries/
there is no distribution for Windows!

It shouldn't be so hard to provide a little "How to get started"
instruction for newbees like me!

btw: after googleing i found nothing to download! Hell this can't be so
complex! Do i have to compile this thing for myself, but how?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Rene Dolezal, Organisation 5

Julius Blum GmbH, Beschlaegefabrik, A-6973 Hoechst
FN 62067 a  -  LG Feldkirch
phone: +43 5578 705 3815
fax: +43 5578 705 5 3815
mailto:rene.dolezal@blum.com
http://www.blum.com
http://www.dynamicspace.com

Re: [daemon] where can i find procrun

Posted by Re...@blum.com.
Thanks, wouldn't it be good to mention this on the Procrun page? or to put
the Tomcat.exe as Procrun into the Binaries?
(Would make things easier)

Rene

"Niall Pemberton" <ni...@gmail.com> schrieb am 07.12.2007
02:18:16:

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I don't know, but perhaps adding the commons project to the subject
(as required on this mailing list) will alert someone on that
project...

On 06/12/2007, Rene.Dolezal@blum.com <Re...@blum.com> wrote:
> Hello is there someone who could tell me where to get the procrun.exe?????
>

> Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards
>
> Rene Dolezal, Organisation 5
>
> Julius Blum GmbH, Beschlaegefabrik, A-6973 Hoechst
> FN 62067 a  -  LG Feldkirch
> phone: +43 5578 705 3815
> fax: +43 5578 705 5 3815
> mailto:rene.dolezal@blum.com
> http://www.blum.com
> http://www.dynamicspace.com
>
> Rene.Dolezal@blum.com schrieb am 05.12.2007 14:59:21:
>
> > ,
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > mybe i'm stupid or i'm blind but i can't find a download for the
> > procrun.exe.
> > or am i running the wrong version of windows which doesen't contain
> > procrun? (I'm running Windows Server 2003R2)
> >
> > This page http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon/procrun.html talks
> > about the usage of procrun (no Download here).
> > And on the page http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon/binaries.html
> in
> > the chapter "What to do to get the excutable (typo in the page!!)" this
> is
> > the only information i get there: The procrun.exe has to be installed as
> > service. (See procrun for more information.
> > I like this backlinking seems like i'm stuck in an endless loop. Isn't
> > this odd for you too?
> >
> > On the binaries page http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/daemon/binaries/
>
> > there is no distribution for Windows!
> >
> > It shouldn't be so hard to provide a little "How to get started"
> > instruction for newbees like me!
> >
> > btw: after googleing i found nothing to download! Hell this can't be so
> > complex! Do i have to compile this thing for myself, but how?
> >

> > Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards
> >
> > Rene Dolezal, Organisation 5
> >
> > Julius Blum GmbH, Beschlaegefabrik, A-6973 Hoechst
> > FN 62067 a  -  LG Feldkirch
> > phone: +43 5578 705 3815
> > fax: +43 5578 705 5 3815
> > mailto:rene.dolezal@blum.com